BRANDE, Denmark - A Danish town is set to get a brand new skyscraper being called the tallest in Western Europe.
The project overall is being led by Bestseller, a fashion brand founded in the town of Brande, where the skyscraper will stand.
- FBI: DNA results show boy found in Kentucky is not missing Illinois boy
- Police searching for 2 men after driver nearly hits officer while fleeing from traffic stop
- PHOTOS: Allegheny County Most Wanted: Firearm-related crimes
- VIDEO: Bill introduced to fight ‘pink tax’ on women
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The Tower and Village skyscraper, as it will be named, will be the tallest building in Western Europe once it is complete. At 1,049 feet, it will be taller than London's Shard skyscraper by 34 feet. The Shard currently holds the title of Western Europe's tallest building.
In a news release from Bestseller, the project's manager says the skyscraper will "put Brande on the map."