GLASSPORT, Pa. — Police are investigating after two dogs were shot, one fatally, allegedly by their owner in Glassport.
Animal control officers said they were called Friday regarding a loose dog. When the dog was picked up, they initially thought he had been hit by a car, but upon examination, they determined he was shot.
He was treated and is currently being fostered.
Sable Kennel posted to Facebook on Friday that they were looking for the owner. A call eventually led to the owner and police investigated.
- 14-pound, 13-ounce newborn sets record at hospital
- Missing man with dementia spotted 30 miles from where he was last seen
- Woman critically injured after being shot inside local home
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh Steelers James Conner inspired by young boy fighting cancer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The owner told police that the dogs got into a fight and he decided to dispose of them and shot both dogs, animal control officers said. They said the owner took the dogs from the home, drove them to the Glassport dump on Virginia Avenue and shot them, killing the first dog. The dog that lived was shot multiple times.
After a search, including police and animal control officers, they said they found the dog that died buried underneath cinder blocks.
Charges are pending against the owner.
© 2020 Cox Media Group