MONACA HEIGHTS, Pa. — The Beaver County Humane Society is asking for help finding the person or persons responsible for abandoning two senior Chihuahuas in a cardboard box on the side of the road.
The dogs, determined to be approximately 8 and 10 years old, were found yesterday in Monaca Heights.
They appeared to be in need of extensive care and were taken to the Beaver County Humane Society animal shelter in Center Township.
“Our medical team discovered both dogs were loaded with fleas. In fact, the older male is missing fur along his back and tail from heavy flea infestation,” says Susan Salyards, BCHS executive director. “Along with that, they both have dental issues, with the older one having periodontal disease. The younger male is not bearing weight on his right hind leg and will need X-rays of his leg and pelvis. We have started him on pain medication,” says Salyards. “The older male also has a possible tumor and an ulcer on his right eye.”
Anyone with information on who owned the dogs or the identity of the people who committed the crime are asked to call 724-775-5801 ext. 110.
- North Hills gym teacher accused of inappropriate contact with elementary student
- CDC warns consumers to avoid eating any romaine lettuce amid E. coli outbreak
- Elevator falls 84 floors after cable breaks in Chicago skyscraper
- VIDEO: Three major retailers announce new gift card restrictions to prevent scams
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group