UNIONTOWN, Pa. — Two students in the Laurel Highlands School District were sickened by tainted gummy bears, according to a tip Channel 11 received.
The tip also said the high school students were hospitalized after eating gummy bears with something in them.
The superintendent confirmed that something like that did happen.
A statement read, in part, "We are under the impression that our students are stable and wish them a safe recovery."
Superintendent Jesse Wallace also said the district is investigating if there was an illegal substance involved.
- Coyotes spotted in Cecil Township
- Warrant issued for woman who abandoned puppy
- PHOTOS: Allegheny County's Most Wanted
- VIDEO: Expecting snow early Friday
Cox Media Group