CLEAR CREEK, W. Va. — Authorities say three people missing since last weekend have been found alive at a nonoperational coal mine in West Virginia.
The state Office of Miners' Health, Safety and Training says in a statement the three were located Wednesday inside Elk Run Coal's Rock House Powellton mine near Clear Creek.
The statement didn't indicate their conditions. It says crews are working to bring them to the surface for transportation to a hospital.
The Raleigh County Sheriff's Office has identified them as 25-year-old Kayla Williams of Artie, 31-year-old Erica Treadway of Pax and 21-year-old Cody Beverly of Dorothy.
If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our WPXI News App.
They'd been missing since Saturday. An abandoned ATV the four were believed to be riding was found near the mine entrance.
On Monday 43-year-old Eddie Williams of Artie walked out of the mine. It's unknown whether Kayla and Eddie Williams are related.
- 3 found alive inside West Virginia coal mine
- Teen says friend's brother raped her on couch next to his sleeping girlfriend
- Pittsburgh teacher sent to hospital after student shoves her into locker
- VIDEO: Fight club trainer accused of sexually assaulting teens
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Associated Press