SMITH TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Four people, including two children, were hospitalized after a fire destroyed a home Thursday morning in Smith Township, Washington County, Channel 11 News has learned.
Neighbors said a family of seven lived in the Fifth Avenue home where flames were reported about 6:30 a.m.
Channel 11’s Mike Holden reported everyone got out of the home, but the mother, father and two children were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The family was renting the home, which is believed to be a total loss, and did not have renter’s insurance, officials said.
According to a fire marshal, the fire appears to have started on the front porch, but it is not considered suspicious.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Washington County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- Bank robbery suspect shot, killed by police
- Navy verifies UFO videos are real, shouldn't have been released
- Panic in the sky: Delta flight from Atlanta plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- VIDEO: Infant in critical condition with multiple skull and bone fractures
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.