MONROEVILLE, Pa. - Six people, five of whom are in police custody, have been charged in a shooting outside the Monroeville Mall in April, officials announced Thursday.
The alleged shooter, Brandon Noel, is among the five men in custody. An arrest warrant is out for the sixth man.
The shots fired outside the Macy’s on April 12 followed a fight involving two groups from McKeesport’s Crawford Village, Allegheny District Attorney Stephen Zappala said.
According to investigators, the fight took place inside the mall and spilled into the Macy’s before one of the groups ended up outside, at which point one man fired 14 shots.
"This becomes a melee and people are starting to try and get out of the mall while protecting their children," District Attorney Stephen Zappala said.
All 14 shots were fired in the direction of a lower-level entrance to the Macy’s, officials said.
Zappala said all six men are between the ages of 19 and 21, and some of them have gang affiliations.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- Swimmers beware: 15-foot great white shark tracked off coast of Carolinas
- Woman forced young girl to get birth control implant in her arm, police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.