CHIPPEWA TOWNSHIP, Pa. — A 6-year-old boy was flown to a hospital after he was struck by a vehicle Tuesday morning in Chippewa Township.
The boy was walking to a bus stop with his 11-year-old sibling when he was hit shortly before 7 a.m. on Route 51, police said.
The siblings don’t live far from where the accident happened, police said.
It does not appear the driver was at fault, according to authorities, who were told by witnesses that the 6-year-old darted out into the highway.
The driver, who is cooperating with police, remained at the scene and assisted with CPR.
Officials said the boy was unconscious when he was flown to UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
- Mayor asks Trump to postpone Pittsburgh visit
- LIVE UPDATES: UPMC gives update on patient conditions
- Student dies after being shot by classmate at North Carolina high school, police say
- VIDEO: Squirrel Hill business owners spreading joy in community rocked by tragedy
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group