PITTSBURGH - A 72-year-old man was found shot to death Friday morning inside his apartment in Pittsburgh's Hill District, authorities said Sunday.
Police were called to the apartment on Centre Avenue to perform a welfare check when they found the man dead on the floor.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Sam Gantt. His death is being investigated as a homicide.
Gantt suffered gunshot wounds to his head and shoulder, according to the medical examiner.
"That's really crazy and then with these walls being thin I don't see how they didn't hear," Dominique Johnson, one of Gantt's friends, said.
Police told Channel 11 they are confident it's only a matter of time before they learn what happened.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger out for season after elbow injury
- It's just a drill: You might see low-flying helicopters, hear explosions this week in Pittsburgh
- School custodian comforts student with autism in heartwarming viral photo
- VIDEO: girl, 10, contracts brain-eating amoeba while swimming in river, family says
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.