McKEES ROCKS, Pa. - An 8-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy were shot in McKees Rocks Tuesday night, police said.
Investigators believe the teenage boy was targeted in the shooting.
The teenager was on Locust Street about 10 p.m. when two people got out of a car.
“My understanding is the 17-year-old was running away from them, and they pursued him a short distance and continued to shoot,” Allegheny County Police Inspector Andrew Schurman said.
The younger boy was standing outside a party when a stray bullet grazed him, according to police.
"We were all right here, and we just heard the shooting, and we told everybody to run. Everybody was running," the boy's grandmother, Inez Lucky, said.
The shooting happened not far from the McKees Rocks Police Department, near the Hays Manor apartment complex.
Both victims are expected to recover from their injuries.
- Soon-to-be brides out of a reception venue after facility abruptly closes
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- Bungee cord snaps on slingshot ride at Florida adventure park
- VIDEO: Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.