Allegheny County Health Department announces penalties against U.S. Steel for pollution violations

PITTSBURGH — The Allegheny County Health Department issued $201,500 worth of stipulated penalties against U.S. Steel for air pollution control violations and permit violations that occurred at the Clairton Coke Works.

Nearly 90% of the penalties, which is approximately $181,350, is supposed to be paid to the Community Benefit Trust for impacted communities while the remaining 10%, about $20,150, will be paid to the Clean Air Fund.

You can view the penalties issued by ACHD by clicking here.