BALDWIN, Pa. — A woman is dead after an accident in Baldwin on Saturday night.
Police and emergency medical services were dispatched to the intersection of Streets Run and Whitehall Prospect roads around 8 p.m. for a crash.
The at-fault driver, a 59-year-old woman, was driving a Cadillac eastbound on Whitehall Prospect Road when she lost control and crossed the center line, striking a Jeep, according to police.
She was transported to a local hospital, where she died from her injuries. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified her as Chryse Heuler.
- Woman charged with allegedly shooting at friend, striking her with crowbar
- CMU grad, 22, found dead at Google's NYC headquarters
- 500-year-old skeleton found -- with his boots on
- VIDEO: Escaped child killer gone 45 years makes U.S. Marshals' most wanted list
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The driver of the Jeep, a 42-year-old man, and three children in the car ages 12, 9 and 1 were all transported to a hospital, according to police. They were treated and released.
Police said the driver of the Jeep saw the Cadillac approaching and was able to take evasive action.
Alcohol and weather are believed to have contributed to the at-fault driver's actions, police said.
Police are still investigating.
Cox Media Group