ALIQUIPPA, Pa. - A 20-year-old woman has been arrested and charged with stabbing a 14-year-old in the chest in Aliquippa.
The stabbing happened inside an apartment along Superior Avenue.
Police said the victim was alert enough to tell them Kaitlyn Heater stabbed him.
"We responded to her apartment, she was there, we got a search warrant we found the knife and arrested her," said Aliquippa police Officer Josh Gonzalez.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for Beaver County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police said somehow, the victim's grandma got involved, put him in her car and rushed to the hospital. When the situation became dire, police said that she pulled over at the Ambridge Police Department where officers dialed 911 and worked on the teen until the paramedics arrived.
According to the criminal complaint, Heater said she was swinging a knife and had no intention of calling police.
As for the relationship between the two, Gonzalez said, "they just know each other."
The 14-year-old is still in the hospital recovering from the stabbing. Aliquippa police, along with state police, are still investigating.
- Which school districts pay their teachers the most and least?
- ‘We should have just let him die': Police documents reveal details about Terrelle Pryor's stabbing
- PA Game Commission responds to disturbing alleged animal cruelty hunting video
- VIDEO: Terrelle Pryor, woman both charged after stabbing inside his Pittsburgh apartment
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.