NATRONA HEIGHTS, Pa. — Allegheny Health Network is opening another drive-up testing site. This one will be in the Alle-Kiski Valley.
The new location at Heights Plaza in Natrona Heights, will initially be open to patents on Friday starting at 9 a.m.
Starting next week, the location will be open on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Have questions about the spread of the coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.
Only patients who have been evaluated by an AHN-affiliated health care provider for COVID-19 symptoms and who have a valid prescription order from their doctor will be tested. On-demand or walk-up testing is not available at this location.
“At AHN, we have taken comprehensive action to protect our patients, their families, and our caregivers from the risk of exposure to infectious disease,” Dr. Walsh said. “Drive-up testing is one of several steps that we have taken to keep our patients safe and mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19.”
If there is more than one person in the vehicle, each person will need a valid prescription order to be tested.
Those who have been directed to the drive-through locations should be aware of the following:
- Patients will be given a specific appointment window, in order to minimize wait times.
- Patients will drive or walk through a secured, marked area.
- No outdoor restrooms will be available at the collection locations.
- The sample is collected via a nasal swab and the process typically takes less than 30 seconds, not including any wait times.
- The sample will be tested for influenza as well as the novel coronavirus.
- Testing results for the coronavirus typically take 5-7 days, depending on regional test volume. Individuals will be contacted directly with their results. As volumes increase, wait times for results may be longer.
- While waiting for their test results, individuals should stay at home. Those who receive positive COVID-19 test results may be issued additional care orders or self-isolation orders.
Other drive-up testing sites are at AHN Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion, AHN Bethel Park Health + Wellness Pavilion; 4220 William Penn Highway in Monroeville, AHN West Side Health + Wellness Pavilion in Erie, AHN Braddock Urgent Care, and the former Divine Providence/Kindred Hospital on Pittsburgh’s North Side.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group