PITTSBURGH - Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) laid off about 100 employees from its New Kensington facility Monday, according to an Arconic spokesperson.
The Pittsburgh-based metal manufacturer employs about 1,000 people in its three Western Pennsylvania locations.
“This week, we reduced approximately 100 positions at the Arconic Technology Center as part of the continuing company-wide cost reduction initiative and the separation of our businesses,” an Arconic spokesperson said. “We are supporting impacted employees with severance packages.”
- Mom says family is being harassed due to church theft accusations
- Man attacked by 2 pit bulls on Mount Washington
- Police investigating double shooting after man, woman rushed to hospital
- VIDEO: Mayor Peduto: We would welcome immigrants sent here by Trump Administration
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times