PITTSBURGH — UPDATE 7:13 p.m. - An arrest has been made in the shooting of a youth football coach at Mellon Park.
Anthony Lamont Hines Jr. was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force in Monroeville around 2:11 p.m. Sunday afternoon, according to police.
He is facing several charges including criminal attempted homicide, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person, firearms violations and a violation of an active PFA.
Hines is in the Allegheny County Jail.
An arrest warrant has been issued for a suspect in the shooting of a youth football coach at a local park.
According to the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, Anthony Lamont Hines Jr. is wanted on criminal attempted homicide and other charges in connection with the Friday shooting at Mellon Park in Shadyside.
There were about a dozen kids between the ages of 7 and 10 at practice when the coach was shot.
Hines is considered to be armed and dangerous.
The coach is expected to recover from the shooting.
Anyone with information on Hines' whereabouts is asked to call police at 412-323-7800.
- Emergency response crew disciplined after drinking during hurricane relief mission
- Man Wins $1 Million From Lottery Using Lucky Fortune Cookie Numbers
- Events, road closures announced for Great Race weekend
- PHOTOS: Ed Sheeran wears Mac Miller shirt at Pittsburgh concert
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group