Authorities say 18-year-old Ryshawn Crawford and a 35-year-old man were at the Indiana County courthouse for unrelated matters on Friday when Crawford said he wanted the other man's bagged lunch. The other inmate gave Crawford the sandwich but refused to surrender the other two items.
Crawford then allegedly attacked the other man, who wasn't seriously injured. The fight was quickly broken up by sheriff's deputies and Crawford was charged with assault, harassment and strangulation.
Crawford is serving a five-year state prison sentence term for robbery conspiracy. The other inmate is in Indiana County jail on a DUI-related charge.
- Another American tourist died in Dominican Republic after drink from hotel minibar, family says
- Flames engulf tractor-trailer, fuel pumps at turnpike service plaza
- Funeral home to hold burial for veteran with no family, would like volunteers to attend service
- VIDEO: Search underway for person who shot dog then dumped him under bridge
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.