NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa. - The Norwin Air Force ROTC honored two graduates who lost their lives during a dedication on Saturday.
The memorial dedication ceremony was held to honor two Norwin High School graduates who were on the American Airlines Flight 11 that hit the World Trade Center on 9/11 in 2001.
A plaque with their names was placed on the bench near the Veterans Memorial outside of the school.
"We are pleased so much of the community has gotten out to support this honor," said Chief Master Sgt. Tim Conley, Air Force Junior ROTC instructor.
Conley said the cadets wanted to do this so that we don't forget the tragic event.
- 2 people accused of prostituting 14-year-old girl
- 3 teens charged in MS-13 killing of 14-year-old girl used machete, baseball bat, police say
- Driver leaves couple trapped in Jeep after it tumbles down NC embankment
- VIDEO: 17 people charged in western Pa. drug ring bust
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.