PITTSBURGH - Two women thought they were getting help, but they were carjacked instead.
Officers were able to find the victim's Nissan Altima, but did not say where they found it.
Police are looking for the man who took off with a 95-year-old woman inside, after the 63-year-old woman had stopped in Bloomfield because she was having car problems.
The man came up to them offering help, before jumping into the car with the elderly woman in the front seat, according to police.
- 3 dead after crash involving large truck
- Arrest warrants issued after a nursing home patient is hurt during fight
- Over $1 billion of cocaine intercepted at Philadelphia port
- VIDEO: Man Accused of Kidnapping, Killing 3-Year-Old Son, Boy’s Mother After Ordered to Pay Child Support
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The man police are looking for was in his mid-40s, wearing a blue baseball cap, had facial hair and was about six feet tall with heavily tattooed arms.
Neighbors are on edge because the suspect is still out there.
“I think it’s horrible! Especially the lady. The elderly lady! I mean he had no regard for her whatsoever and that really bothered me,” Terri Walton said.
The elderly woman eventually got out safely.
She was taken to the hospital and treated for bumps and bruises.
If you have any information, call Pittsburgh Police.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.