MONESSEN, Pa. - The body of a missing man was found in the Monongahela River on Saturday, according to police.
Monessen police said they had information and evidence that led them to believe that Lonzo Gardner, 61, may have been in the river and called the dive team in to help.
The dive team reported that his body was found around 11:45 a.m. about 1/8 of a mile northwest of the Donora Monessen Bridge in Westmoreland County.
Police are still investigating the events that led up to Gardener being found in the river. Anyone with information is asked to call the Monessen Police Department at 724-684-4620.
- Fight between 2 groups inside Monroeville Mall led to shots fired outside, police say
- Woman does karate, son gets naked at Walmart in Wisconsin, police say
- Neighbor dismantles dentist's lewd Easter mannequin display
- VIDEO: Dog's leg amputated after being shot by neighbor, owners say
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.