PITTSBURGH - A bicyclist was killed when he was struck by a vehicle Sunday night in Pittsburgh's Brookline neighborhood, police said.
The accident happened shortly after 9 p.m. at the intersection of Brookline Boulevard and Pioneer Avenue.
Police said the man was unconscious when they got to the scene. The Allegheny County Coroner has identified him as Austin Fike, 22.
The driver was unlicensed and was detained by police, officials said.
- 2 people taken to hospital, roadway shut down after car crash on Tri-Boro Expressway
- Beef recall: 65,000 pounds of raw ground beef, chopped steaks recalled amid E. coli fears
- Did Marc-Andre Fleury remove his helmet on purpose?
- VIDEO: Thieves targeting catalytic converters from vehicles for huge profit
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.