Top Stories

Brownsville students rushed to hospital after possible overdose due to THC edibles

BROWNSVILLE, Pa. — Four Brownsville Senior High School students were rushed to the hospital Monday morning after state police troopers said they may overdosed.

According to troopers, state police were called at around 7:15 a.m. for a report of four children that were taken to a nearby hospital “for unknown medical issues.”

Investigators said the students may have eaten THC edibles on school property, leading to the medical issues.

The students were released from the hospital in stable condition.

Troopers are still investigating.

The superintendent sent Channel 11 a statement:

“Unfortunately, we had a student discipline issue in our high school today involving 4 students. The State Police and local ambulance service were contacted.   However, reports circulated on social media regarding our students’ well-being are not accurate.”