BUTLER, Pa. - A 16-year-old Butler Area Senior High School student was charged Monday after threats were made on social media over the weekend, police said.
The threats were against specific individuals, as well as the high school and Butler Vocational School, authorities said.
Police were made aware of the threats about 12:30 a.m. and located the student, who was taken into custody and turned over to Juvenile Court Services.
The student is charged with making terroristic threats.
- Storms moving out, cold air moving in
- College student falls to her death from campus clock tower just weeks before graduation
- Teenager identified after being found shot to death inside home
- VIDEO: Bears beginning to become active following winter hibernation
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.