Butler County wants to ban the use of any type of tobacco products outside the courthouse.
It comes after vaping-related illnesses hospitalized hundreds of people across the country.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Butler County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Smoking outside the courthouse has been prohibited since 2008, but there are still rogue ashtrays in a few secluded corners of the building. On Wednesday morning, county commissioners beefed up the smoking policy to include no vaping, cigars or any type of tobacco.
Watch a full report from Channel 11's Amy Marcinkiewicz above.
- Infant in critical condition with multiple skull and bone fractures, father charged
- Navy verifies UFO videos are real, shouldn't have been released
- Police officer accused of sexually assaulting woman in police vehicle
- VIDEO: Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez denied bail, facing more charges
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.