PITTSBURGH - Transportation Security Administration officials said a woman from Butler was allegedly stopped with a loaded handgun at Pittsburgh International Airport on Wednesday.
TSA officials said the woman was stopped at the airport's security checkpoint, where a loaded 9 mm handgun was found. TSA officials said there was a bullet in the chamber, as well.
As of Wednesday, TSA officials said 17 firearms had been found at PIT this year. In 2018, TSA officers discovered 34 guns at the airport.
- LIVE UPDATES: Flash Flood Warnings in effect as rounds of rain, storms hit area
- Pittsburgh Traffic: Flooding closing roads, causing delays across area
- Judge decides to send suspect in 8-year-old's stabbing death back to Pa. today
- VIDEO: Fentanyl discovered in popular children's game at local store
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.