WASHINGTON — Cardinal Donald Wuerl will meet with his priest council Monday.
The monthly meeting was originally scheduled for next week.
A spokesperson for the Archdiocese of Washington did not say what Wuerl intends to discuss, but he said he has no plans to resign.
Last week's grand jury report accused Wuerl of leading a coverup of child sex abuse by priests when he was the bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Pa. grand jury investigation could pave way for other states to do the same
- Pressure growing to remove Cardinal Wuerl's name from North Catholic High School
- Local district attorney regularly gets calls to investigate priest sex abuse
- VIDEO: Cardinal Donald Wuerl withdraws as keynote speaker for event in Ireland
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group