It had been a long time coming, but Sunday night in front of 8,656 fans, Pirates catcher Francisco Cervelli returned to the field and the only position he's ever wanted to play.
"I'm not a baseball player, I'm a catcher," Cervelli said after his rehab appearance for the Altoona Curve. "Everything else is boring for me."
Cervelli went 1 for 3 with a double and was hit by a pitch before being replaced following his at-bat in the bottom of the seventh inning by catcher Jason Delay. Altoona went on to drop a 7-3 decision to Reading.
- Steelers WR coach Darryl Drake dies; practice canceled until Tuesday
- 5 children killed in day care center fire in Pennsylvania
- Record for world's largest wedding cookie table broken in Monongahela
- VIDEO: Hundreds of motorcyclists take part in Officer Brian Shaw Memorial Ride
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts