CLAIRTON, Pa. - A local school district is speaking out on disturbing allegations making the rounds on social media about extremely inappropriate behavior by a student in the Clairton School District.
The woman who posted on social media told Channel 11 she did it to make sure parents were made aware.
Several other parents said the district did not notify them and that they learned of the alleged incident from their children.
Clairton city officials confirmed to Channel 11 that they were made aware of inappropriate sexual activity within the school district that allegedly involves a student. They released this statement:
“City officials are trying to get more information from the school so they can figure out what direction they can go in to help the kid or discipline him.”
Channel 11 contacted the district, and officials said they took the necessary actions:
"The social media post in question is greatly inaccurate. Appropriate discipline actions were implemented and we have contacted all necessary parties.”
The communications director for the district also told Channel 11 police have been notified and are investigating.
- Woman recounts terrifying moments of violent road rage incident on Liberty Bridge
- Steelers full schedule released, Week 1 on Channel 11 at New England Patriots
- Teen flown to hospital after gymnastics accident in Moon
- VIDEO: Girl shaken as baby dies nearly 14 years later; father charged with homicide
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.