CLAIRTON, Pa. - The Clairton City School District had an 11:30 a.m. early release on Thursday and will be closed on Friday for bedbug treatment.
According to a letter sent home to parents, the district said their staff continues to conduct a thorough inspection of the building. They have also contacted an exterminator to treat several classrooms in addition to all common areas.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
All after school activities have also been canceled on Thursday and Friday.
The home football game at Neil C. Brown will still take place.
In a Facebook post the district said, "As always our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our students and staff and we will continue to take all necessary precautions and safety measures. As always it is at the parents discretion to keep the student home (this would be an excused absence, if a note is received to the office within 3 days of returning.)"
- Infant in critical condition with multiple skull and bone fractures, father charged
- Navy verifies UFO videos are real, shouldn't have been released
- Police officer accused of sexually assaulting woman in police vehicle
- VIDEO: Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez denied bail, facing more charges
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.