PITTSBURGH - A coach was charged Tuesday in the case of a child hit by a van back in January.
According to the criminal complaint, Elliott Freeman had four boys help him push the van off ice in the West Penn Recreation Center's parking lot in Polish Hill.
According to police, Freeman had a 15-year-old girl get in the driver's seat and told her to hit the gas.
When the van lurched forward, one of the boys slipped and fell underneath. He suffered serious injuries.
- Heavy police presence in downtown Pittsburgh, car towed
- Man in custody after hostage incident in Washington County
- ‘World's Largest Rubber Duck' making another stop in Pennsylvania
- VIDEO: Man claims to be UPMC employee, tries to steal woman's car from hospital garage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.