PITTSBURGH - A number of area cooling centers have been activated amid the July heatwave that is expected to send temperatures soaring into the 90's and feels-like temperatures well over 100 degrees.
Here is a list to see which ones are near your home in case your air conditioning is not working:
- These facilities will be open on Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Greenfield Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center, 745 Greenfield Avenue 412-422-6551
- Homewood Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center, 7321 Frankstown Avenue 412-244-4190
- West End Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center, 80 Wabash Avenue 412-937-3068
- Catholic Charities of Pittsburgh, 212 9th Street, open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Sunday afternoon
- The city also has 18 public pools and eight spray parks
- Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Beaver Falls: The Cornerstone, 1217 7th Avenue
- New Brighton: Municipal Building, 610 Third Avenue
- Rochester: Free Methodist Church, 480 Jefferson Street
- Aliquippa: Uncommon Grounds Cafe, 380 Franklin Avenue
- Clinton Church of God, 406 Buchanan Road, Normalville, Friday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Connellsville Senior Center 100 E Fayette Street, Connellsville, Friday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The code, PITCOOL19, is valid for up to two rides and up to $15 each until July 21 at 11:59 p.m.
These are the following cooling centers the company will be offering rides to:
- Jefferson: 605 Rednap St., North Side, PA
- Ammon: 2217 Bedford Ave., Hill District, PA
- Magee: 745 Greenfield Ave., Greenfield, PA
- Paulson: 1201 Paulson Ave., Larimer, PA
- West Penn: 450 30th St., Polish Hill, PA
- Brookline: 1400 Oakridge St., Brookline, PA
- Ormsby: 79 S. 22nd St., South Side, PA
- Phillips: 201 Parkfield St., Carrick, PA
- Warrington: 329 E. Warrington Ave., Allentown, PA
- Greenfield Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center: 745 Greenfield Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA
- Homewood Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center: 7321 Frankstown Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA
- West End Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center: 80 Wabash St, Pittsburgh, PA
- Brothers, ages 1 and 3, drown in Fayette County
- 18 Shih Tzu dogs up for adoption; owner couldn't care for them anymore
- EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH: Get ready for the hottest weather of the year
- VIDEO: New tech will allow Giant Eagle shoppers to skip the checkout line
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.