PITTSBURGH — A number of area cooling centers have been activated amid the July heatwave that is expected to send temperatures soaring into the 90's and feels-like temperatures well over 100 degrees.
Here is a list to see which ones are near your home in case your air conditioning is not working:
- Catholic Charities of Pittsburgh, 212 9th Street, open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Sunday afternoon
- The city also has 18 public pools and eight spray parks
- Clinton Church of God, 406 Buchanan Road, Normalville, Friday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Connellsville Senior Center 100 E Fayette Street, Connellsville, Friday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The code, PITCOOL19, is valid for up to two rides and up to $15 each until July 21 at 11:59 p.m.
These are the following cooling centers the company will be offering rides to:
- Jefferson: 605 Rednap St., North Side, PA
- Ammon: 2217 Bedford Ave., Hill District, PA
- Magee: 745 Greenfield Ave., Greenfield, PA
- Paulson: 1201 Paulson Ave., Larimer, PA
- West Penn: 450 30th St., Polish Hill, PA
- Brookline: 1400 Oakridge St., Brookline, PA
- Ormsby: 79 S. 22nd St., South Side, PA
- Phillips: 201 Parkfield St., Carrick, PA
- Warrington: 329 E. Warrington Ave., Allentown, PA
- Greenfield Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center: 745 Greenfield Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA
- Homewood Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center: 7321 Frankstown Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA
- West End Healthy Active Living (Senior) Center: 80 Wabash St, Pittsburgh, PA
© 2020 Cox Media Group