WILKINSBURG, Pa. - Two people will spend decades behind bars for killing a woman for her tax refund.
Under a plea deal, Dane Taylor will spend at least 30 years in prison.
His girlfriend, Laya Whitley, will serve at least 20 years.
The couple ambushed Keiauna Davis last year on Laketon Road in Wilkinsburg to steal the $3,000 tax refund check she had in her purse.
- Double shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 in the hospital
- Florida man makes sign after panhandler rejects his job offer
- Can you help? A 10-year-old girl is missing and police are looking for her
- VIDEO: Norwin sophomore identified as teen killed in fall at YMCA camp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.