PITTSBURGH - An American Airlines flight changed course to land at Pittsburgh International after mechanical issues were found onboard, according to a spokesperson for the airport.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The flight, American Airlines 2244, was heading from Chicago to Washington, D.C. Saturday morning.
The plane changed course and landed safely at 9:30 a.m., according to a spokesperson for American. All 72 passengers on board were rebooked on different flights to get to Washington.
- Who is John Chapman: Man who told police he left local woman to die in Vegas desert
- Fines, suspensions handed out by NFL following brawl at end of Steelers, Browns
- Infant’s body found on side of road in freezing temperatures, police say
- VIDEO: Troopers nearly run over by man accused of ransacking cars at Rivers Casino, police say
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.