PITTSBURGH - For the 85th year in a row, Easter Sunday began with a sunrise service on the North Side.
The sunrise service started at 6:30 a.m. in front of the Allegheny Observatory in Riverview Park.
There was song and prayer during this outdoor sunrise service.
Even with the rain and chilly temperatures, about a hundred people of all ages turned out sitting on lawn chairs and on blankets while holding umbrellas.
For many, it's a family tradition.
It's an interdenominational service so everyone was welcome
- Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony making ‘small steps' toward healing
- Mother charged after police discover naked toddler in neighbor's yard
- Former COO of Butler Health System accused of stealing $1M
- VIDEO: Gas prices surging for Pittsburgh drivers
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.