PITTSBURGH - A seventh student was struck during a crash that injured six other students who were walking home from University Prep in the Upper Hill District on Tuesday, police said Wednesday.
That student received medical treatment on Wednesday.
All students are expected to recover from their injuries.
The driver had her learner's permit, and the passenger in the car was not an adult, a city spokesman said.
"It does not appear that this was malicious in any way," said Public Safety spokesman Chris Togneri. "Rather, it appears that the driver might have been somehow trying to show off and then lost control of the car."
No charges have been filed, but the investigation is continuing.
- Doctor explains why mysterious polio-like illness is afflicting children so badly
- 2,600 stamp bags of heroin, cash seized from suspected drug dealer's home
- Steelers head coach fined for comments made about officiating during Sunday's game, report says
- VIDEO: West Penn dresses newborns up like Elton John
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.