EAST BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A police chase that wound through several communities Wednesday morning ended with the arrest of one person and another in the hospital.
Police say Tyler Gump took off speeding just after 2:40 a.m. when a trooper tried to stop him in Centerville Borough.
Download the WPXI News App for the latest details on police activity in your community
After speeding through several communities, Gump and his passenger, Chloe Jones, allegedly jumped from the moving vehicle.
Jones was hit by the rear passenger-side wheel of the vehicle and immediately surrendered, police said, but Gump took off running. He made it about 100 yards before troopers took him into custody.
Police said they were searching for Gump after a stop at a DUI checkpoint over the weekend when he provided them with a false name,
- Allegheny Co. official, husband charged after altercation with Detroit police
- LIVE UPDATES: Responding officer describes Antwon Rose fleeing from car
- Man found dead in Butler County home identified
- VIDEO: Driver who fled rollover crash in custody
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.