PITTSBURGH - Crammed into Pittsburgh's relatively small 58 square miles are 92 neighborhoods, ranging from tiny Chartiers to Squirrel Hill.
On Thursday, local brewery East End Brewing announced it would release 92 beers celebrating each and every one of the city's unique neighborhoods.
"This is something we have been thinking about for a lot time," said brewery owner Scott Smith. "We were thinking about our place in the city and its connectedness... we all have connections to our neighborhoods. This kind of speaks to that and brings our beer to different parts of the city."
The brewery is based in Larimer; a taproom was recently opened in the Strip District. On Saturday, East End Brewing will make the trip up Mt. Washington for the Allentown Night Market, where it will debut its first beer in the series, the "Allentown Imperial Shandy."
- Woman shoots man, another hurt during fight on their way to party, police say
- Inbound lanes of the Boulevard of the Allies will close this weekend
- 3 suspicious fires under investigation
- VIDEO: Classmates hold memorial for boy who died in tragic crash on the Pa. Turnpike
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times