PITTSBURGH - Working with the broad outline of a plan, Echo Realty LP took its proposal to redevelop its Shady Hill Center to the community on Thursday evening, working to gather feedback on a mixed-use plan to add a 220-unit apartment project to what’s expected to be a reoriented strip mall.
It’s a plan to replace a more than 50,000-square-foot Giant Eagle store with one that would be smaller but fully updated and to bring a residential component to commercially zoned site on Penn Avenue in Shadyside.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news.
CLICK HERE to find out how.
At informational meeting hosted by the Kingsley Association in Larimer, Echo’s development team and a host of community leaders and public officials presented plans and sought input on a host of aspects of the project.
That included its design and scale, the changes plan for the grocery store, the housing plans as well as transportation impacts.
- Pa. school district threatens to take custody if parents don't pay students' lunch bills
- HEAT ADVISORY: Get ready for the hottest weather of the year
- Police: Pa. parents left 4 young kids in hot car for at least 20 minutes
- VIDEO: Dog leashed to back of tow truck
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times