WHITEHALL, Pa. - Channel 11 is learning more details about the investigation into the disappearance and presumed death of Elizabeth Wiesenfeld.
The prime suspect, Douglas Berry, Wiesenfeld's handyman, is still in jail on a gun charge.
Channel 11's Renee Wallace talked to District Attorney Stephen Zappala on Thursday afternoon about why Berry isn't facing more serious charges.
"Usually, we need a body. Unfortunately, the search area is rather extensive," he said.
Police have video of a man they believe is Berry using Wiesenfeld's ATM card after the last time she was seen.
"The ATM gives us a timeline, the video down on East Carson Street gives us a timeline," Zappala said.
During a search of Berry's home and vehicle, police found a ski mask and blood stains.
Still, Zappala has not been able to connect Berry to Wiesenfeld's death. Zappala said his office plans to keep investigating.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- New Hampshire school cafeteria worker fired for giving food to student who couldn't pay
- Missing pregnant woman found slain with baby cut from womb, Chicago police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.