BUTLER, Pa. - A former patient coordinator was sentenced Tuesday to one year in jail and three years of probation for disclosing health information of UPMC patients.
Linda Kalina, of Butler, pleaded guilty in March. She worked with UPMC and its affiliate Tri Rivers Musculoskeletal Centers in Mars from March 2016 through June 2017.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Butler County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
During her employment, Kalina accessed the health information of 111 UPMC patients who had never received services from TRMC, officials said.
In the cases of two patients, Kalina disclosed gynecological health information “with the intent to cause those individuals embarrassment and mental distress,” according to the authorities.
- Man killed trying to force way into home
- Woman taunts McDonald's employee for sleeping at work; turns out there's more to the story
- Undercover officers may be getting drunk on the job, Target 11 discovers
- VIDEO: Common drugs linked to dementia
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.