NEW KENSINGTON, Pa. - Close friends of Officer Brian Shaw opened up about his death more than two years after he was gunned down during a traffic stop.
"He had the heart of a warrior to go out there and protect us everyday," said Ryan Bargarstock, one of Shaw's friends.
Family and friends of Shaw said Thursday was cathartic, as his convicted killer – Rahmael Holt – was sentenced to death for murdering Shaw.
Now, they told Channel 11's Amy Hudak they can finally move forward knowing justice was served.
Watch the video above for the full emotional interview.
- Rahmael Holt sentenced to death for murder of Officer Brian Shaw
- Man, woman dead after shooting in Pittsburgh neighborhood
- Santa Clarita shooting: 2 dead, 3 injured in shooting at Saugus High School
- VIDEO: Woman claims abandoned cars on I-79 are causing dangerous driving conditions
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.