HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A family is trying to get back on their feet after a fire destroyed their house in Harrison Township.
Three row houses were damaged in the fire on Linden Street.
Everyone inside made it out safely, including pets.
"My husband and I realized we didn't see my youngest son, so we reentered the building and there was smoke already coming in through the walls," Teny Walker said. "He was able to grab his grandmother's antique Bible and his mom's urn, and we tried to salvage what we could, but there's so little."
- Witnesses: Spooked camel threw people during Shrine Circus at PPG Paints Arena
- Teen accused of suffocating 2 toddler siblings to ‘save them from hell,' court records say
- Live Updates: Tracking Tropical Depression Florence, impact on Pittsburgh area
- VIDEO: Port Authority restores full service to Blue Line Library
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Officials say there was a partial collapse in the row house that the fire started in.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital.
The Walker family is thankful for the contributions they've received, but still need help with clothing donations in the following sizes:
- MEN'S: 36/30 pants, size 10.5 shoes, 2XL shirt; medium-large shirts and pants, shoes 10
- WOMEN'S 8-10 pants, size 6 shoes, large shirt; 8-10 pants, large shirt, 7.5-8 shoes
The donations can be taken to 3705 North Balsinger Road in Vandergrift.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.