NORTH BRADDOCK, Pa. - A smoky fire damaged a home in North Braddock Thursday afternoon.
The fire started at a home on Grandview Avenue just after 12:30 p.m.
Volunteer firefighter James Swift told Channel 11 he was driving by when he saw smoke and called 9-1-1. He said he then went door-to-door to alert neighbors.
Rain falling during the time of the fire kept the smoke close to the ground, making the air dangerous to breathe.
Nobody was home when the fire started but a cat did not survive.
The homeowner was able to salvage his prized guitars.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.