WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. - Firefighters responded to a fire Friday morning at Century III Mall.
The fire broke out in the maintenance garage area of the mall just after 10 a.m.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news.
CLICK HERE to find out how.
Workers at JCPenney were briefly evacuated as a precaution. JCPenney is the only store remaining at the mall.
In February, the mall was deemed unsafe and uninhabitable by West Mifflin Code Enforcement due to a water and fire suppression system issue inside.
No one was hurt. The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.
Here's a timeline of recent events at Century III Mall:
April 18, 2019: Lawyers discuss redevelopment plans
February 18, 2019: Century III Mall tenants given notice to vacate
February 12, 2019: Mayor says mall has not been sold despite developer statements
February 2, 2019: Century III Mall deemed 'unsafe and uninhabitable' by code enforcement
September 2018: Sheriff's sale for Century III Mall delayed again
- Pa. school district threatens to take custody if parents don't pay students' lunch bills
- HEAT ADVISORY: Get ready for the hottest weather of the year
- Police: Pa. parents left 4 young kids in hot car for at least 20 minutes
- VIDEO: Dog leashed to back of tow truck
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.