PITTSBURGH - The investigation into the shooting death of an 18-year-old is continuing as family members and friends grieve the loss.
Police say Aaron Wade was shot several times early Monday morning in the front yard of a Duquesne Heights home.
“He was a good kid and he was well rounded, great family environment and nothing to do – don’t know if he was in wrong place at the wrong time,” Wade’s former football coach Timothy Cole said.
Cole started coaching Wade at the age of 7, and said it was a shock to learn the sweet kid he knew had been killed.
“I am getting emotional because he was a really good kid,” Cole said.
Wade graduated from Steel Valley High School in June 2018. The principal there told Channel 11 he was always kind and respectful.
- Man killed by exploding e-cigarette when metal piece sliced artery, report says
- Redevelopment, expansion planned for Ross Park Mall
- College student thinks apartment is haunted, finds man in closet
- VIDEO: Pennsylvanians pay the highest gas tax in the country, but where does it go?
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.