GLASSPORT, Pa. — Large flames damaged a home in Glassport Friday night. The fire broke out around 9:30 p.m. on Monongahela Avenue.
The assistant fire chief said a man and woman were inside the home. The man got out and two good Samaritans helped the woman because she is unable to walk.
Viewer video sent to Channel 11 shows the windows of the upper floor have been knocked out, and heavy smoke coming from the roof on both ends of the home.
Firefighters also rescued two cats from the basement. No injuries were reported from the fire.
The Red Cross is at the home helping the two people and their cats.
© 2019 Cox Media Group