PITTSBURGH - A grand jury recommended no charges be filed against two Pittsburgh police officers who shot and killed a man while responding to a burglary at his home.
The report says a “perfect storm of tragic circumstances” resulted in the death of Christopher Thompkins last year when a man broke into his Larimer home.
Loud noise and gunfire contributed to the confusion, as did mistaken information given to the police by an elderly woman over the phone, the report said.
WATCH THE FULL STORY BELOW:
- Former Pittsburgh Pirates player Jose Castillo killed in ambush, robbery
- NASA scientist: Aliens may have already visited Earth
- Woman recovering after Butler County dog attack
- VIDEO: Man who killed Pittsburgh officer in 1996 arrested on drug, gun charges
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.