McCANDLESS TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A hearing for the man accused of exposing himself to people at North Park Swimming Pool in McCandless Township was postponed Wednesday.
Christopher Steffy, 62, was scheduled for a preliminary hearing.
REMEMBER THIS GUY?— Liz Kilmer (@LizKilmerWPXI) August 14, 2019
Christopher Steffy told us he had a "wardrobe malfunction" in response to accusations he exposed himself at the North Park Pool.
He's due in court this morning. Updates to come @wpxi pic.twitter.com/K6gUKm3FdW
He's accused of exposing himself at the pool on two occasions this summer, once on June 27 and again July 1.
Steffy told Channel 11 News the matter was a "wardrobe malfunction."
He didn't have anything to say after his court appearance, but his attorney said all signs point to this being an accident.
"Oh, he's completely mortified. He's tremendously embarrassed. He feels terrible about this situation. The last thing he ever wants to do is cause people to feel embarrassment or discomfort," Steffy's attorney David Shrager said.
Witnesses believe it was intentional, and according to court documents, allege that this was not the first time he has been accused of exposing himself.
He's facing charges of indecent exposure and open lewdness.
- PA double homicide suspect spotted in Florida
- Man stabbed in downtown Pittsburgh was chased to Market Square, police say
- Fire chief: Smoke detectors lacking at Pa. child care where 5 died
- VIDEO: Pa. lawmaker wants to bring back registration stickers for license plates
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.