HEMPFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A Westmoreland County man already accused of being a big drug dealer in the area is facing even more charges.
Police say Nickolas Hobaugh had more than 50 pounds of marijuana in his Hempfield Township house, and now allege that he sold $7,000 worth of weed to undercover cops.
Download the WPXI News App for the latest crime alerts in your community
"As far as this case is concerned, they’ve overcharged, requested bond off the charts, in this county. You have people charged with homicides that don’t have bonds this high," Hobaugh's defense attorney, Duke George, said.
Channel 11 was there last week when Hobaugh was taken into custody after a search of his home on Liberty Hill Road.
Prosecutors said Hobaugh has no history of employment, but allegedly said he had the money for bond, which is currently set at $500,000.
- Penguins reach out to fan injured in Newfoundland crash
- Pennsylvania to start issuing Real IDs Friday
- Competing bookstores help owner keep his shop open during medical emergency
- VIDEO: World’s smallest surviving baby boy leaves hospital after months in intensive care
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.